Guidelines for Your Comments on Six Rivers News, Radio, and TV
We want to foster reader comments to our stories, opinions, and broadcasts. Your perspective, reaction, even your criticism is important and may guide us in the information we present.
We also invite you to contribute to our content. Feel free to submit, stories, photos, videos, news tips, or story ideas. In other words, join us in keeping our community well informed, entertained, and up to date on issues that matter to our neighbours and followers.
What we offer on our various platforms—Six Rivers News, Six Rivers Radio, and eventually Six Rivers TV is for, by, and with the community. We offer it all in pubic, not in secret. Therefore, your participation should also be freely and openly offered. That is why we will not publish public responses and submissions anonymously, with first name only, nor with pseudonyms.
There may be exceptions when, for example, your identity may put you at risk, or if dealing with children or minors. In such cases, prior agreement must be secured with the editor.
To comment, you must register with SixRivers.ca using your first and last name, which will be your user name for your comments and other submissions. You must also provide your email address and phone number which will be used exclusively for communication with our editor. Your email address and phone number will not be posted or used for any other purpose by Six Rivers Hope Centre Ministries, the not-for-profit society that owns and operates Six Rivers News, Radio, and TV.
Acceptable comments require:
- relevance to the story or article attached to your comments
- courteous and respectful language and purpose
- respect and protection of privacy of others
- caution with your language or descriptions in matters of law
- your personal thoughts and views, not commercial or self promotion
We also require your understanding that:
- hate speech or intolerance of others because of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, or mental or physical ability is not acceptable
- your understanding that vulgarity, obscenity, personal attacks, insults, or threats are not acceptable
- we reserve the right to publish, limit, or edit your comments or any links to other sources you may offer, as we see fit
Expressing your views through Six Rivers News, Radio, and TV is not a right of free speech but rather a privilege extended on these platforms to those who follow these guidelines in the interest of public dialogue and of our community.