County Looks for Lead in Springhill Water
The Municipality of Cumberland will conduct water quality tests in Springhill.
It is part of the recently announced plan to rebuild a large part of the community’s water, wastewater, a storm drain system.
They are looking for lead in the water, an indication that the area might be served by old lead pipes.
At least ten streets will be covered by the test, including:
- Junction Road between North Street and Main Street
- Athol Road from McGee Street to civic #2348 Beatons Lane
- Princess Street from Main Street to Sproul Street
- Black River Road from McGee Street to civic #118
- Starr Street
- Highland Street
- Dunn Street
- North Street from Junction Road to civic #104
- Church Street from Crossin Street to south end
Add your comments below.